If you enjoy what you read here you will also enjoy my novel
21 days in May
Please be aware this blog may be considered Illegal almost anywhere!

The God Of Oz

I have always loved the Wizard of Oz!
Yeah, yeah, I know what that's supposed to signify!
That's why only a few people know it's one of my all time faves.
However, whenever I've heard the movie mentioned in relation to, or by, those of a less mainstream sexual preference, it has been alongside phrases akin to 'The path of Dorothy' etc. I suspect that the movie's thinly veiled 'Be who you are' and 'You're as strong as you need to be' message, is what grabs those who love Dorothy but, not having been born on that tram, I'm of course only guessing.
My own personal magic moment in the movie relates to another aspect of the 'ownership of self' themes I believe it explores. As you may have guessed if you've read previous posts, my 'Dorothy' moment comes when she comprehends that the 'Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz', isn't a wizard at all!
I first saw the Wizard of Oz in the cinema, when Mum and Dad took my brother and I. I'd have been about 6.
For me the seed of atheism, though not comprehended fully, was planted...
The moment you choose to see beyond the smoke and mirrors and take a look behind the curtain at how things work, reality is revealed.
"For Wizard... Read God! For Smoke and Mirrors... Read Heaven!"
God was dead?
It was that simple but it took me another decade
to bury the bastard!

(If I trampled any PC toes in this post please slap my face in the comments)




Desperate to keep his eternity daydream, this preacher misses the point entirely
The wicked Wizard of Oz - http://youtu.be/7Q5vSrD9C80
The religious:- Sheeesh!

This is one of the Too many questions

PEACE   
Crispy

Please leave a comment - Anything will do
The best communications are often,
THREE WORDS OR LESS
OR ONE OR MORE FINGERS!

Back to the Core TMQ"



Share

If you enjoy what you read here
you will also enjoy my novel
21 days in May


Please be aware this blog may be considered Illegal almost anywhere!

Get TMQ on your Kindle

Copyright Crispy Sea

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

All blog posts copyright http://atheist.diatribes.co.uk

TMQCrispySea 2009-2014