For ease of typing I am going to use man/ him. There is nothing misogynistic here, this applies equally to women.
When you meet a man for the first time, you don't immediately tell him your life story, it takes time to figure out if you can trust him.
After some period you may get so far as to call him friend, trust grows over time until maybe one day you may call him brother.
But even then it may be that you don't completely trust him, there may be some part of his personality that gives you, shall we say, pause for thought.
Much rarer you may find that a man is charismatic enough to lead a nation or wise enough to advise. This is not a man you know; you may trust him to do the work he excels at but you would still not automatically choose to call him friend or let him babysit your 14 yr old daughter.
Greater still a man may be so outstandingly clever that his thought changes the opinion of the whole planet, he may be the wisest person ever, but again, this does not mean you would be compatible as friends, you may choose to not tell him the most personal details of your past misdemeanours or victories etc.
And all of that is under the conditions of direct contact, where one can judge his merit directly and decide to accept him as a friend or not based on your own judgment of his compatibility with you. BUT
What do the supernatural tenets tell us?
Ignore your natural instinct, throw away everything you have spent years learning and
- Accept GOD (a completely anonymous stranger) as friend, mentor and master!
- Accept that some sort of prostration is required for him to accept you as friend!
- Accept that if you don't want to 'play the way he says', you get to spend eternity - that's ETERNITY mind you, IN TORMENT! That's just SPITE!
- Accept that there will be no chance of appeal, tribunal or parole from that torment!
- Accept that you are not allowed to meet him face to face until after you're dead! (if you're lucky)
- Accept it all merely from what is written by some other people you have never met and cannot meet.
And the evidence to convince you is....?
"TRUST ME I'M A CLERGIMAN!"
NOT THE MOST ATTRACTIVE PROPOSITION EVER OFFERED!!!
And the reason they keep getting away with it?
Firstly It's so unbelievable it must be true - I mean you couldn't make it up could you; it's OBVIOUSLY a stretch of the imagination beyond human capabilities!!
And secondly, See my blog Religion - Refuge of the Weak and Powerless?
Please leave a comment - Anything will do
The best communications are often,
THREE WORDS OR LESS
OR ONE OR MORE FINGERS!
Back to the Core TMQ"