If you enjoy what you read here you will also enjoy my novel
21 days in May
Please be aware this blog may be considered Illegal almost anywhere!

A King Of Kings Thing

I first saw King of Kings(1961) when I was about 7-ish. Even then I knew Carmen Sevilla was one of the most beautiful women I was ever going to see, but that aside, it was on TV last week in the UK and I thought I'd let it ramble on in the background while I was a bit poorly. It was kind of a reminder of my Gran's kitchen, an original Victorian black leaded range roaring away and a afternoon movie on the black and white TV in the corner whilst she toasted crumpets for us.
Awww; yes, all in all, I had a great childhood but I digress.
Like I said I had it on, and I was right about Carmen Sevilla btw, and when it came to the sermon on the mount I heard him, Jebus, say a line that I've not heard/read for almost as long as the age of the memory above and certainly not thought about not since I fully reclaimed my atheism...
"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

Matthew 10:16 KJV


Wise as serpents; he considers the serpents wise.
I suspect then he'd have to agree that if he is promoting serpents as having wisdom then the most wise/smart/knowledgeable of serpents would display even more of the characteristics of the wisdom which he wishes the sheep should seek to emulate.
And, as I'm sure you've already realised the most famous serpent of which we know from the story is his older brother, Fiery McRedArse.
We may not assume that Jebus didn't know the Genesis story, or had forgotten it, or that his words were chosen without care.

Surely then, we must conclude that it was a direct instruction to think like Satan?

This is one of the Too Many Questions
PEACE
Crispy
Please leave a comment - Anything will do
The best communications are often,
THREE WORDS OR LESS
OR ONE OR MORE FINGERS!

Share

If you enjoy what you read here
you will also enjoy my novel
21 days in May


Please be aware this blog may be considered Illegal almost anywhere!

Get TMQ on your Kindle

Copyright Crispy Sea

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

All blog posts copyright http://atheist.diatribes.co.uk

TMQCrispySea 2009-2014